Sunday, September 21, 2008

Averi's Stitches


We were in church at our neices baby blessing when Averi decided to stir things up. I went to the bathroom and when I walked back in I saw Travis leaving the chapel with Averi, but didn't think much of it. The family told me when I got to the pew that Averi had hit her head, all well she does it all the time, so I sat down. When I saw Trav's parent's rush after him and the worried looks I figured I should probobly see what was going on. I am the mom after all. When I got in the hall I saw the spilt on her head and we rushed to the emergency room where it took all my self control to not junmp over the counter and strangle the guy at the desk when He didn't help us immediatly. For our first big accident I think we did rather well. I didn't panic to bad. Averi was a champ, she barely cried. I wouldn't put her down all day though. She just has a little scar now. She got ten stitches, 3 inside and 7 outside. I was glad that they wrapped her in the little "papoose" to give her the stitches. I wish I had one of those for when I need to wash her face or bet her boogers:) She fell asleep after struggling in the papoose for a while and took a good nap. We really know how to crash a baby blessing.



No comments: